For years I studied master achievers like Bill Gates to Mark Zuckerberg from Mother Theresa to Gandhi and what I realised is that they were all master achievers. Their time, their thoughts, their choices mirrored their beliefs regardless of anything else.
After years of searching and applying my own beliefs, I came to realise that as a master achiever, there are things I too hold true to myself, my clients, business, business dealings, relationships and joint ventures. Here is how you too can become a Master Achiever……
Become a Master of your own day
So how do you become a master of your own day?
- Value your time more – time is the one thing we can’t have again once it’s wasted or gone. All master achievers value their time. Everything is evaluated before a decision is made.
- Do not work for someone else. All master achievers work for themselves, not for someone else, they create their own path to success – not trading time for money. Master achievers find an idea or product, develop it, work on it and then find the right people to help them take it to the world – Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Hilton, you name it. Are you working on someone else’s dream? Is someone paying you what they think you’re worth?
Most people are afraid of not getting a pay check. If you rely on someone else to pay your bills and take care of your family life, you could be setting yourself up for failure. Master achievers do not work for someone else, they are masters of their own day.
Master achievers have a big dream
When I launched the Event of Champions we saw the brand as a global brand and a household name by 2015. Yes that dream scared me, I didn’t know where to start. Today we are launching into 10 countries in 2018 HERE. Is that you? Is your dream too big that you don’t know where to start? Good, well then, you’re in the right place, here is what to do:
- First write down the dream and make it clear and plain.
- Apply my ‘Who – What – Why – When- How’ principles to that dream, in other words…
Who can help…
What do you need…
Why do you want…
When do you…
How are you going to do it…
The ‘How’ is usually the tricky one so get with the ‘who’ and the ‘how’ will be taken care of.
- Say it every day as an affirmation – while you’re praying, meditating or during your quiet time.
- Act on that dream every day, every single day without fail.
- Master achievers don’t allow for procrastination. Procrastination is the killer of all dreams, it’s where doubt steps in. When you procrastinate you feel weak, then the thing/project/new business does not seem relevant anymore. Then you just think, well it’s not worth the hassle – have you ever talked yourself out of doing something because you procrastinated long enough? STOP! Your dream deserves your full attention and we work with entrepreneurs to do just that!
Truly, thoughts are things, and powerful things at that, when mixed with purpose, persistence and a burning desire for their translation into riches or other material objects. – Napoleon Hill
- Master achievers control their mental processing, their mind, thoughts and what goes into it.
Remember what we believe to be true is true to us. This is possible because our subconscious mind cannot distinguish the difference between an actual experience and one that is vividly imagined. – Dr Robert Anthony
Master achievers know how to control their mental processing. So what can YOU do to control yours?
- Have a mastermind or accountability partner
- Read goals daily – affirmations
- Be aware of people of influence and ask them what they needed to know to fulfil their BIG dreams
- Have a coach or mentor – this I highly recommend
- Be flexible with your goals
The definite knowledge that an intangible impulse of thought can be transmuted into its physical counterpart by application of known principles. – Napoleon Hill
Master Achievers work their plan
It’s said that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert and 25 years to become an overnight success.
When I started my real estate business and corporate sales business I did 12-16 hour days, 6 days a week for 18 months to build a business that was doing millions of dollars in sales a year!
Master achievers make sure they have multiple streams of income. Income that is residual, that did not require their presence or labour. Ways of doing this…
1. Find a company you can build with to help you generate residual income
2. Attend some seminars or events
3. Create a product, videos, CD’s, training program to sell online
4. Start or buy a franchise
There are so many options to help you earn multiple streams of residual income but please take professional advice before you embark on any of those mentioned above. Maybe the skill that everybody praises you for could become your business! Look into it, get some advice and do something today.
Start to sell something! Selling is a profession/business – every day you are selling and being sold to. Some people say to me, Camilita I don’t like to sell, well get used to it – you want to develop the qualities of a master achiever, learn to sell!
Master achievers accept change – it’s inevitable.
Your business is going well then something happens that is either in or out of your control. What’s the first thing you do? Worry. When the markets changed in 2007 we had to accept and do things differently. Other landlords were losing their properties because they couldn’t deal with the change, we changed tactics and made use of that change – today we are reaping the benefits!
Still today some businesses don’t understand the benefits of using social media, events or key note speaking.
Here are 4 pointers to help you to accept change and deal with it:
1. See the situation as your master – what has it come to show and teach you?
2. Ask yourself, what can you do to maintain some form of normality in your life/business
3. Who can help you – again ask my who, why, how principles
4. Find someone who has a business who has gone through exactly what you’re going through for some advice and help
Quote: Change is rust prevention
If you don’t like something change it, if you can’t change it, change your attitude, don’t complain.
Master achievers embrace failure
Life is a game of winning and losing – know that you will not always win. You lose money, time, relationships, business – it’s inevitable.
When Reed Hastings from Netflix changed his pricing structure in 2011 he subsequently lost 800,000 subscribers and the share price went from $300 to $53. In an interview with the New York Times in 2013 he said ‘I messed up, I slid into arrogance because the company was growing so fast.’ He has since corrected it and now the share price I back up to $300-$400 or more.
‘You win if you aren’t afraid to lose’
In my seminars or when I am coaching my clients I can see the fear in their eyes when we talk about failure – I reassure them it’s just part of the process.
In some of my business deals I have failed to make the right decisions and I lost tens of thousands of dollars in the process, but I kept going. The one thing is to learn to deal with it and recover from failure quickly.
It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. – Anne Baxter
Three points to develop this skill:
1. Believe that something good will come from your failure
2. Learn to recover quickly by following my who – what – why – when – how principle
3. Try to do it again – where there is life, there is hope. Do it again, only losers quit.
Master achievers float a while
Float a while – life is for living! Do you know how many people are living in the past or living in the future, but not right now?
Are you living in the past? Constantly reflecting on what you did wrong, what was, what you could have done better? Or are you living in the future – waiting for things to get better, business to expand, to be debt free, to start living? Master achievers live in the moment, live in the now – today – present.
Enjoy what you have – be grateful, thankful, appreciate what you have and what you have done with your life. To avoid regrets, start now to live every day, enjoy every day with family and friends, in your business or career, rest and don’t worry, believe and don’t be afraid. Live in the moment but create your future in the moment too.